The Springfield 1911 DS Prodigy is an optic ready, single action only 1911 pistol with a 4.25″ barrel and high capacity double stack (DS) magazine chambered in 9mm. The Prodigy brings the tried and true 1911 with its outstanding trigger into the 21st century with a double stack magazine and an impressive 17 or 20 round capacity. A forged steel slide with a beautiful deep black Cerakote finish provides maximum strength and durability.
The 1911 DS uses an exposed three position skeletonized hammer with a textured, round hammer spur for positive control and fast lockup. In simple terms, the middle, “half cocked” position can be considered as a passive extra safety to prevent the hammer from falling and discharging the weapon should your finger slip while cocking the gun. Of course, this is a 1911 so an ergonomic extended ambidextrous thumb safety and grip safety provide layers of security against accidental discharge.
A loaded chamber indicator is there to keep you informed of the loaded or unloaded status of the firearm. Out front, a Picatinny rail provides ample room for your choice of weapon light or laser. Springfield has liberally applied the same Adaptive Grip Texture as the popular Hellcat subcompact for maximum control even under adverse conditions. The optic ready DS Prodigy is ready to accept your choice of red dot optic thanks to a collaboration with Agency Arms. The AOS (Agency Optic System) uses an interchangeable billet steel optics plate with an integral rear U-Notch sight specific to the individual red dot sight it is made for to co-witness the optic.
The Prodigy comes with a Hex Dragonfly plate and additional plates for your choice of aftermarket optic are available at springfield-armory.com. Springfield has optimized the sight picture for a very practical point of aim at 25 yards. Meaning at 25 yards, the bullet should impact the target at the point visible at the top of the front sight. The Prodigy comes with (1) 17 and (1) 20 round magazines. An optional 26 round magazine is available. As an added bonus 1911 DS magazines are cross compatible with 2011 platforms.
- 1911 function and performance with a high capacity double stack magazine.
- 4.25″ Match grade, forged stainless steel bull barrel with an 11-degree crown.
- Optic ready, forged carbon steel slide with black Cerakote finish and deep front and rear serrations.
- Tall green fiber optic front and black serrated rear U-Notch sight plates are designed to co-witness with individual optics.
- Adaptive grip texture provides firm control with a businesslike, clean aesthetic.
- Caliber: 9mm
- Barrel: 4.25″ Forged Stainless Steel, Match Grade, Bull, 1:16
- Capacity: (1) 17-Round, (1) 20-Round
- Slide: Forged Carbon Steel, Black Cerakote, Optics-Ready
- Frame: Forged Carbon Steel, Black Cerakote
- Sights: Fiber Optic Front, Black Serrated Rear
- Recoil System: 2 Piece Full Length Guide Rod
- Grips: Polymer
- Weight: 32.5 oz
- Length: 7.8″
- Height: 5.5″
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- Springfield 1911 DS Prodigy optic ready pistol
- (1) 17 & (1) 20 round magazines
- Owners Manual